Thursday, February 3, 2011

THE KIDS FROM COLLEGE STATION

WILL TO WIN
 by June Dudley

    Dudley began painting at the early age of around eight. With no canvases to be had at the time, the budding artist used cardboard. Her earliest inspiration came from visits with an aunt who painted. The little artist was fascinated by the brushes and paints displayed in her aunt’s home and longed for her own. When her wish was granted, it was a dream-come-true for the little girl who knew she would one day become an artist.    Using a colorful palette that brings the viewer into her scenes, Dudley also favors figurative pieces that often include her grandchildren, other family members, and close friends.
June Dudley ...
"I am very passionate about my art. I love painting! I love my subject matter! I describe my paintings as poetic landscapes. My colors are somewhat impressionistic and my scenes are realistic so I describe my work as impressionistic realism. I receive innumerable comments on my use of color, lighting, subject matter, detail, and my figures. All of the figures in my paintings are either family or very close friends. I am often told that my paintings leave the viewers with a peaceful feeling."
   To see many of June's pictures of children go to our web page at http://www.texasartmart.com/. This 16 x 12 signed print sells for $35.00. Unsigned is $30.

No comments:

Blog Archive